[AMPS] Thar she blows...

Peter Chadwick Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 07:27:49 +0100

Commercial practice (I mean commercial transmitters, not commercially
manufactured for amateurs) is often peculiar in this regard, depsite expenditure
on thermal crayons and so on. My experience with tubes of 3-400, 3-500, 4-250,
4-400 ilk (they're all the same basic  base and filament structure) is that
blowing the filament seals directly with a small fan pays dividends.

I believe Rich has also said that some force movement of air around the tank
coil has advantages, too - which makes sense if you do a few sums.

I'm away for a few days - at Dayton - so I won't be seeing any e-mails

73

Peter G3RZP