[AMPS] Dirty Output

Firson Maryutenli firson@hotmail.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 09:19:24 +0700

Hello..

I was building pre amp. to drive 4-400A in class AB1 for radio frequencies
in 3.800 Khz. The pre amp is 6L6 in class A with passive grid input, and
have tuned output in 3.800 Khz.

The problem is, I was feeding relative clean signal in grid of 6L6 (the
nearest harmonic in 3.930 Khz minus 70 db below desired signal 3.800 khz).
But the output result in 6L6 there is sporious generated in 3.825 Khz, 3,850
Khz, 3.875 with peak only minus 20 db under desired signal in 3.800 Khz.

What thing happen in this 6L6, how to make this 6L6 output clean, so any
other sporious will be more than 60 db below peak output.

Firson - YD1BIH