[AMPS] Conjugate Matching and Efficiency

Billy Ward billydeanward@hotmail.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 17:30:28 -0000

STEVE:
For power to be reflected, doesn't the source have to be a transmission
line? A series C can reduce the power delivered to a load just by adding
reactance and increasing the overall impedance thus reducing the current.

BILLY:
But, the series C will be dissipating the unwanted power--not reflecting it.
  If you want proof of that use a low voltage cap and feel for the heat.