[AMPS] PIN diodes

Vic Rosenthal rakefet@rakefet.com
Tue, 29 May 2001 10:25:44 -0700

I'm using vacuum relay QSK for my amplifiers, and I've been happy with it.  I
have had to replace one vacuum relay and one reed relay over the past few years
(I think the reed relay damage was my own fault).  However, in my quest for a
totally solid-state solution, I'd like to try PIN diodes.

Any suggestions about sources of information, circuits, etc.?  We are talking
about a maximum output of only 1KW CW, and my exciters provide good 'early' TX
control signals.

By the way, why does the Ameritron unit cost $350?  How complicated can it be?
No criticism intended -- just curious, as their prices seem in general to be
reasonable.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA