[AMPS] EMF and supersonic puddings

Howard Aspinall howard.adaire@connectfree.co.uk
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:56:10 -0000

No Marty, puddings don't give me headaches despite anecdotal evidence from
the dietician, and my favourite, Christmas/fruit pudding, only affects the
wasteline. But on the supersonic level, actually Carl, despite my 57 years,
I can hear the accoustic whine or whistle from the switch mode which powers
my 400 watt solid state amp so you may have a point, but me able to hear 136
Khz! I might hear 13.6 Khz, but 136 is going some!  Glad so say that after
many hours sitting less than two feet away from this amp in operation, no
headaches have occured.

All in all, I prefer Peter's suggestion about the power level ( rf voltage)
involved. The point is (imho) that exposure to large amounts of RF voltage
over time does affect the body, maybe in ways not yet fully understood and
maybe in different ways for each of us. Take your poison as you will! I'm
keeping away from large RF voltages. After having 4.5 Kv dc wrist to wrist
many years back, and surviving almost intact (I think) after falling
unconscious off the conductors as the mains inlet trip dropped, I now keep
away from that kind of hazard too!

Howard Aspinall G3RXH