[AMPS] Screen voltage effects???

Randall DuCharme ad5gb@yahoo.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 22:03:21 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

In designing my screen supply I began to ponder a few
things.  Wonder if anyone can enlighten me a little.
I was trying to decide how much of a usable ( and user
adjustable ) voltage range to build into the thing and
began to wonder just what the difference is between
say 400 and 750 on the screens of an 813.

For example...

For the 813 the RCA transmitting tube manual
recommends 750 volts on the screen and -95 on the
control grid for class AB1, and 400 volts screen and
-300 on grid 1.  They also state a max screen
potential of 1100 V.

I'm wondering what the effect would be (linearity,
distortion, etc) of running the screen at a different
value than recommended in either/any class/mode of
operation.  I'll probably be experimenting with
different values but wonder what the expert's thoughts
were.

Thanks much

Randy (AD5GB)