[AMPS] Checking out old amp

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:52:11 -0800

Rich, I might mention:

Chatted with my old buddy Mike WB2AJI in North Carolina on 20m last night.
Mike and I grew up pretty near each other in New Jersey too many years ago,
and we used to work together in the late 1960's.  Haven't seen him in years,
but glad to hear Mike back on the air.

He has an SB220 and bought one of your upgrade kits (parasitic stuff, I
think some anti-thump stuff...) and, after cursing how much work it was to
install it all, is extremely pleased.  His amp, in which he recently
installed some Chinese 500ZGs and became immediately unstable to the point
where he couldn't even use it, tamed right down and sounds wonderful on the
air.

Thought you might like to hear...

Steve, WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger