[AMPS] Six Capacitors, Oil Filled, 35 mfd 2000 volts - Ebay

Dan Dan" <w4tq@mindspring.com
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:11:35 -0500

Six Capacitors, Oil Filled, 35 mfd 2000 volts

I purchased these at the Dayton Hamvention a few years ago for $60.  There
are six, all of them 35 mfd, at 2000 volts, oil filled.  (I was going to
build a big amp, and use them series/parallel to give me 52 mfd at 4000
volts).  The dimensions of a single capacitor case are: 6"x 4½"x 3½".  There
is a set of mounting clamps for each capacitor.

For auction on Ebay, click on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1299911640

Other Items:
Antique Thordarson Spark-Gap Transformer

This is an amazing device that was probably made in the mid teen's of the
previous century (has a patent date of 1908).  It is a Type "R" ½ kW, 110V,
60 cycle Wireless Transformer with a 10,000 volt secondary.  It has a
movable core section that is operated with a lever.  I have not made any
attempt to clean it, or otherwise improve its appearance.  Although I can
find no evidence of any burns or electrical damage, I have chosen not to
apply power; and accordingly, I am not guaranteeing functionality.  This is
a very high voltage transformer, and I'm not sure of the longevity of the
insulating materials.
One of these is featured in the Western Historic Radio Museum in Nevada.
See their online picture gallery at this URL:
http://www.radioblvd.com/WirelessPhoto.htm

For auction on Ebay, click on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1299939895

Startek 1.2 Ghz Frequency Counter

I purchased this Frequency Counter new at the Startek counter at the Dayton
Hamvention a few years ago for $132.  It includes the antenna, carrying
case, power supply, and manual.  It operates on batteries, but includes an
AC adapter (which also charges the batteries).  Excellent condition.

For auction on Ebay, click on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1299917198

Triplett 100-0-100 Microampere Meter Model 420

This is a very nice meter, with perfect movement.  100-0-100 microamperes,
DC.  The bezel dimensions are 4.625 x 4.125 inches.  A 2.75 inch hole is
required for mounting.      Flaws: 1) One of the four mounting screws is
missing, leaving three.  2) On the left side of the front bezel at the back,
there is a 3/4 long by 3/32 wide area that is partially broken away.   If a
perfect appearance is important, this flaw could be easily patched after
mounting, although I don't think many people would notice it if they didn't
know it was there.

For auction on Ebay, click on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1666488890

Running Time Meter, Measures Hours - Ebay

This running time meter reads in hours and tenths of hours.  Timer scale is
10,000 hours, and currently reads 0.2 hours.  This meter runs on 115 volts.
It was made by Industrial Timer, Model C-25, and it is still in production.
If interested, I'll send you the manufacturer's PDF file that describes the
meter's specifications.  It is in very good condition.

For auction on Ebay, click on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1664045217

Rotary Inductor - Ebay

This inductor has 20 turns, and a coil diameter of 3 ½ inches.  The overall
length, including brackets and shaft is 9 ¾ inches.  Overall width is about
4 inches, and height is 4 3/8 inches.  It is very well made with smooth
action, and a well designed contact mechanism.

For auction on Ebay, click on:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1297783250

I will be glad to provide additional information.  Contact me at
w4tq@mindspring.com