[AMPS] Screen supply regluation???

2 2@vc.net
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 11:46:43 -0800

>Greetings,
>
>I recently completed prototyping my (all tube) screen
>supply/regulator and the question came to mind, "How
>much regulation is sufficient".  In initial testing it
>would appear that the circuit is capable of < 0.5%
>regulation ( less that 2 volts @ 400V ) at load
>currents ranging from 0 to just over 200mA.
>
>Would this be considered adequate?

Yes, especially for SSB where the duty cycle is such that avg screen
current is c. 20% of that for AŘ operation.   However, for tubes with a
400v screen, reverse screen current is often considerable, so a 25% (of
screen-I) bleeder should be connected across the screen.

cheers, Randy

-  R. L. Measures, 805.386.3734,AG6K, www.vcnet.com/measures.
end