[AMPS] Another Stupid Question

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:38:58 -0800

I always used what was most economically available, based on dielectric
performance and not capacitance value...if there was a great sale on
.001/10kV doorknobs, that was the obvious choice!  Ditto for 500pF, or
3000pF, or whatever.  Evidently, transient energy can take out any kind of
blocking cap if the surge is big enough...my Henry 3K Premier used four
large doorknobs in parallel and two exploded one day...

WB2WIK/6

"Each success only buys an admission ticket to a more difficult problem." --
Henry Kissinger