[AMPS] Fan->make correct and 8877 vs GS35

yo9fzs yo9fzs@office.deck.ro
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:16:25 +0200

Hello Xu,

These (axial) fans are not suitable for cooling the 4CX1000 tube,
especially if you want to get high or full output.
Anyway, I saw many russian amplifiers made by UA hams, they
are using such fans for cooling GI7, GU43 (1kW out),
GU74 (600W out), or even GU78 tubes.
Some high speed/high air volume/high pressure axial fan are made
but they use 400Hz AC line (like the one used for Harris RF110A),
and are also very noisy.

The radial (blowers) ones are the best, and
some noise will be allways  present...

There are both mechanical and electrical differences
between the GS 35 and the 3CX1500/8877.
If you need I can send you data for both.

73,
Traian