[AMPS] SB-221 High Voltage Transformer

Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <K4XL@arrl.net
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 17:58:36 -0400

> Joseph Ingram     email:  mssybil@bellsouth.net
>
> Son-in-law lost high voltage xfmr in his sb221. Heard
> about any sources which are reasonable? Dahl wants
> enough to make it worthwhile to find another used
> unit.

Gary Brown gbrown@mint.net has been talking about starting a transformer
rewinding business.  I believe that he indicated that he would use the
old core to keep the cost down.  I would check with him before replacing
the old one with a Dahl that would cost almost as much as the amp is
worth.  Having said that, I am extremely happy with the transformers
that I have bought from Dahl.  Like the proverbial Timex, "They take a
licking and keep on ticking."
73,
Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net
*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu or
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr