[AMPS] MEASURING FILAMENT VOLTAGE

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:52:19 -0500

During annual cleaning, inspection, and blower oiling is a
good time to check the tension on the tube socket on all
the pins. Yes, you will need RF chokes in line to the meter,
and a way to adjust for the loss through them. I use a diode
bridge, a D.C. meter, and a pot to calibrate it against a good
A.C. voltmeter hooked to the tube pins. This is also a part of
my annual ritual. If the socket is good, it is not necessary, IMO,
to solder the meter leads to the pins. If a resistance develops
between the tube pins and the socket, it should be seen on the
filament voltmeter as a change from normal.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC

Subject: [AMPS] MEASURING FILAMENT VOLTAGE