[AMPS] Henry 1KD5 Rectifier question

Randall DuCharme ad5gb@yahoo.com
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 14:53:59 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,

--- 2 <2@vc.net> wrote:

> >> The 3-500Z is difficult to damage from excessive
> >> grid current because it
> >
> >At ~65 watts drive I get 130ma grid, 450ma plate
>
> 450mA is in the non-linear region of the
> constant-current curves.

3-500Z curves are one set of curves that I do not
have.  I never really intended to do much with this
tube.  Can you, or anyone else for that matter, point
me to any web resources furnishing the curves?  I have
found a couple of datasheets in my search, but no
constant-current curves.

> >Well.... I measured the fil. volts.  You were
> right...
> >5.85V at the tube pins.  And this is with THEIR
> >replacement XFMR for this unit.
> >
> I dropped a 1KD-5's stock fil. potential by 1.0v to
> 4.8v.  I accomplished
> this by using smaller gauge wire in the filament
> ckt.  Teflon insulation
> is best.

I'm beginning to think about regulated DC filament
supply possibilites for my project amp(s).  One of my
local 'Elmers' claimed that for 813s, it's a great
idea but one needs to periodically reverse the
polarity in such a configuration.

Thoughts?

Many thanks