[AMPS] Henry 1KD5 Rectifier question

Peter Chadwick Peter.Chadwick@zarlink.com
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:39:28 -0000

Coiln said:

	>So, even if the dc causes premature failure of the
	>filament, it may still outlast the operator or other failure.

I suspect more failures are caused by the stresses when you first switch on and
the current is many times normal. Thus the high leakage reactance power
transformer is useful. Interestingly, even indirectly heated cathodes have a
surge of two or three times when first switched on.

How long do tubes last anyway? I'm still using the 6L6G my dad bought in 1936
for what was then 50 cents US. I want his money's worth out of it!

73

Peter G3RZP