[AMPS] HA-10 Warrior Parasitic Supressor Inductor Values

Ian White, G3SEK Ian White, G3SEK" <g3sek@ifwtech.com
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:37:16 +0100

2 wrote:
> One factor that apparently
>increased the Warrior's VHF instability was so-called "neutralization".

"So-called" is correct. According to the schematics, it consisted of a
feedback capacitor from the output end of the pi-tank, back to the
cathode. This will produce feedback of variable amplitude and phase,
depending on the settings of the bandswitch and the tuning and loading
controls. It's hardly surprising that the amp was more liable to
oscillate at some frequency.

>Heath did not use neutralization in its subsequent models of GG
>amplifiers.

A wise decision, since it never could possibly do what it was intended
to.

>Gonset also used neutralization in their 4, 811 amplifier.

I'm not familiar with that schematic: would that be real neutralization,
or more of the bogus kind?

                           http://www.ifwtech.com/g3sek