[AMPS] Rain Static

Alek Petkovic vk6apk@eon.net.au
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:25:27 +0800

G'day All,
I know it's not the correct forum for this question but I also know that
there are some clever people here who will know the answer.

I'm listening on 20m at the moment and my antenna is a 3 element triband
yagi at 50 ft. It has been raining for the greater part of the day and it's
still raining now. The rain static has been driving me crazy.

Has anybody tried a static discharge resistor, say 1 Meg Ohm at the antenna
feedpoint. The static strap I wear on my wrist at work has a similar value
resistor and it supposedly discharges any static electricity buildup and
protects the equipment I'm working on. Will it work on my antenna?

73, Alek.
VK6APK