[Amps] Re: atlc - Arbitrary Transmission Line Software

Dr. David Kirkby drkirkby@ntlworld.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 22:49:28 +0100

I'm sorry but someone has pointed out to me a couple of bugs in versions 3.0.2
and 3.0.3, which can cause them to crash.

I've put version 3.0.4 up on sourceforge, which hopefully solves the problems.

documenation at http://atlc.sourceforge.net
downloads at http://sourceforge.net/projects/atlc

Let me know if you attempt to run it and have problems.

I've added Windows executables too - see the file windows-atlc-3.0.4.zip
These are not the typical GUI windows files, but command line driven binaries.
Hence you will need to get a DOS or command prompt up. They are 32-bit binaries,
written to use a 486 or above CPU. I've had to disable the writing of the
bitmaps showing electric field, energy like these

http://atlc.sourceforge.net/examples.html

as the code is broken under Windows. I do not know the reason yet, but are
looking into it. The calculated impedances, capacitances and inductances are all
okay - just the images are not saved. This is my first attempt at producing a
Windows executable for atlc, so I expect a few problems.

I'd be interested in how this works under Linux on a PC. If there is a problem
with the bitmaps on a linux PC, I rather suspect the problem is due to the
differing byte ordering of a Sun workstion and a PC. If it works okay, then I
need to look elsewhere for the bugs in the Windows version.
--
Dr. David Kirkby PhD,
email: drkirkby@ntlworld.com