[Amps] 4-400G

wlfuqu00@uky.edu Wlfuqu00@uky.edu
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 17:36:39 -0400

         Please define a little less vacuum.  I don't have any experience
with Covimag's 4-400 tubes but I do with its bigger brother.
If Covimag 4RP1000A's had a little less vacuum I'd expect they would not
pass the high voltage break down test.
However, we find that they are great.  The biggest advantage of  the
Covimag 4PR1000A and 4-1000A tubes is that they
have a very sturdy anode with a support that does not bend in shipping.
Most of the other brand tubes stand about
a 50-50 chance of having the anode bent out of position when shipped by
USPS or UPS.
         Graphite is a great high temperature material and has great black
body radiation properties.
I have yet to see a good Triton manufactured 4-1000A or 4PR1000A. All that
I have checked NEW have either
been gassy or low on emission or both. Sure miss the real EIMAC glass
tubes. I have advised the people I work with to get the Covimag
tubes.  They have not been disappointed yet.
         But the worst thing is that Covimag is stuck is most likely stuck
with an single vendor contract with Richardson in the US and  Richardson
will push the poorer products produced by Covimag's competitor  rather than
selling Covimag's products. Even though they list both manufacturers if you
ask for a 4-1000A or 4PR1000A they will sell you the Triton product. They
will sell you Covimag's product (AMPEREX) if you insist on it.

73
Bill wa4lav

  They work well but they have a bit less vacuum