[Amps] More Lightning

COLIN LAMB k7fm@teleport.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 6:3:13 -0700

I received an e-mail suggesting that my suggestion to use nichrome in a parasitic suppressor lacks sufficient testing because it has not been hi-pot tested.

Upon reflection, I remembered that one N. Tesla built a hi-pot tester.  I think it was in New Jersey.  No one understood it at the time nor knew what it was for - but I propose that it was a hi-pot tester to test the usefulness of the nichrome wire suppressor for lightning.  I read that the plans were confiscated by the ARRL and then lost over the decades.  The tower was dismantled during World War I as a threat to national security.

It was noted that a lot of nichrome was used in the construction of the tower.   Not sure if he ever used the tester, but I know of some women who I can send.  It has been said that they are quite good at finding gold balls.

Colin  K7FM

--- COLIN LAMB

--- k7fm@teleport.com

text/html (html body -- converted)