[Amps] CB amps on e-Bay

Don Havlicek n8de@thepoint.net
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 21:37:51 -0400

All 'homebrew' amplifiers are OK to the FCC .. but, 'manufactured
amplifiers' [including KITS] for operation below 144 mHz require
'certification'.

The FCC website for ALL 'certificated' amplifiers is:

http://ftp.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Databases/eadf.dat/eadprog/Transmitter.db

If it's not there .. it's ILLEGAL .. regardless of manufacturer .
Don - N8DE