[Amps] CB amps on e-Bay

Gary Smith mandolinist@interlync.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:53:40 -0500

Heh,

There's a picture of me on a chair at 2 years old with my feet 8" from the floor talking
into my dad's mic on his homebrew station (circa 52). But I had a CB walkie talkie
before I got my ham ticket.

I still wish they would have made CB on a 'non' propagation frequency like 2 meters.
For that matter, I wish C.W. McCall would have never started the outlaw CB/trucker
craze that sold millions of CB's but what's done is done.

I personally won't use 10 meters anymore because of the freebanders all over the
place, especially in the lower part of the band. About all I do is CW & those AM
signals are everywhere. So many from central america.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Gary
KA1J