[Amps] Warm Coax question

Doc Johnson bluescreen@comcast.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:07:40 -0400

Hi Steve,
The harness I have is from DB Products. I ordered it a few years ago cause
the antenna was a few years old back then and "freshening it up" I thought,
was a good thing to do. I must have been younger and had more motivation
then. As far as the broadcast xmitter. I think if I could get my hands on a
Gates/Harris FM1H with a 4cx1000 it would make a good conversion project.
It does not use a cavity like the newer ones. I have not figured out if
converting a cavity would be easier. I have had may offers of the older RCA
xmitters but they used 2 of the 4-400 finals and were really old. Even had
an offer of an older 10kw xmitter, but I looked at the rules and figured
that I would probably get into trouble. Besides, I have problems running
375 watts now. But until I figure out if the antenna is any good, I will
keep running on the backup tx which is only 100 watts located at the site
where the voter is 400' up a broadcast tower. The users of the system
complain about not having a full scale at 40 miles away signal to listen
to, but hey, its ham radio. I do not want to be smoking any more 8560s or
rf decks.  Here is a pick of the db224 for your viewing edification. The
beam is the uhf  rx for the audio feed from the
voter.  http://www.qsl.net/smart/xmit.htm