[Amps] meter internal R value, quick and easy.

Gary Schafer garyschafer@attbi.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 10:48:20 -0400

That won't work exactly right. If the pot in parallel with the meter matches
the meter resistance then the sum of the meter and parallel resistor is 1/2
of what the meter was alone. That will increase the series circuit current
from what it was with just the meter so there will be more circuit current
than exactly 1/2 the original current in the meter and the resistor. If you
set the pot for 1/2 scale  meter reading the pot and parallel resistor will
each have a different current because the total series circuit resistance has
changed and the circuit current is different.

It would work if you had a second meter to monitor the series circuit current
and readjusted the series pot to maintain the same circuit current.

73
Gary  K4FMX