[Amps] LK 500 problem

carl seyersdahl carlseye@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:32:11 -0400

The first thing to do is pull both tubes and see if the problem goes away !!
It sounds like a grid-fil short . I had the same thing with a different amp.
BAD TUBE !!
  carl / kz5ca (the tube only shorted when the filament was lit )
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Walker" <va3mw@rogers.com>
To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2002 7:48 AM
Subject: [Amps] LK 500 problem

All

I have an Amp Supply LK 500 (2 3-500Z) that is starting to give me some
grief.

When I turn it on the Grid current goes negative and stays there.  The plate
current goes to about 200mA and also stays there.  The plate voltage looks
OK.  It is an intermittent problem that sometimes goes away if I power cycle
the amp.

I could use some help on debugging this.

Thanks in advance

Mike Walker VA3MW
DX Cluster http://portcredit.net

multipart/alternative