[Amps] MFJ inrush current protector?

Rich 2@vc.net
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 07:16:36 -0800

A step-start can be added internally with one dpdt relay and two 20-ohm,
5w ww resistors.  See Figure 1 on my Web site.  As for the
surge-protection 'feature', smallish cheapo MOVs are often proffered as
"surge protection" although they won't handle much of a surge.  Real
surge protectors have 12mm wide copper strap leads and they are about the
size of a silver dollar.