[Amps] Re: MFJ inrush current protector?

Rob Atkinson, K5UJ k5uj@hotmail.com
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:38:13 +0000

Thanks everyone for getting back to me with your comments on the
MFJ(Ameritron) unit & other ideas.  One product that got by me and looks
real good is a surge protector for 240 v. lines, the model 338 made by ICE
which Phil, KB9CRY told me about.
See http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/impulse2.html#2 for more
information on it.

I'm mentioning it not only to find out if anyone has had any experiences
with it, but also to let others, who may be searching for a point-of-service
240 v. surge protector, know about its existence.  I had dug around on the
internet and, not finding anything, concluded no one made anything for 240
v. high current, except service panel units (and audio sound amp protectors
that were real expensive).  Nothing like email and reflectors for finding
things out.  One thing I should have mentioned before--I'm currently (how
about that pun) running a Centurion which comes equipped with some degree of
inrush protection--I was mainly looking for surge protection after power-up
& was interested in the Ameritron unit for that more than the inrush
protection. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Tnx & 73,

Rob
K5UJ