[Amps] CB'ers - what *IS* the problem, anyway???

Rich 2@vc.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 12:10:52 -0800

>There is still a difference
>
>Ham:
>Have call signs,  identify themselves and do so proudly
>Have standards of operation and rules that must be followed

I get jammed regularly on 7255kHz by Hams.  Some Hams run tetrode with
handles amplifiers in contests and have no qualms about signing the FCC
rules compliance statement on the contest entry form.

>Have system of monitoring and reporting problems with behavior or equipment
>problems (Official Observers)

I knew an Official Observor (W6TOG) who robbed a friend's ham-shack.

>Are licensed ( which is a contract that states that they will abide by the
>rules and regulations set by FCC
>Do not have problem with illegal sales of drugs or prostitution on their
>bands.

Baja drug trafficers speak Spanish on the low end of 40m in CA c. sunrise.

>Do not promote the use of vulgar language

But some sure as hell use the F word and the S word.

>Those hams that do have technical knowledge help others to improve their
>knowledge and skills
>Provide  public service
>

>illegal CB operators:
>Disguise their identity
>have no concern to follow any standard of conduct,

Try listening to Field Day.

>operations
>Have no way to maintain quality standards in their ranks.
>The bands are full of vulgar speaking operators and illegal solicitations.
>etc etc
>
>Just opposite of ham radio.

Welcome to Fantasyland boys and girls.

>Also to quote Mark is a real mistake.
>
>First of all Mark is a fraud.
>"mark" <mark@sandlabs.com>
>is Alex Sandbrand N2NNU (Alex@sandlabs.com)
>and Alex Von Yonkers
>and probably several others as well.
>
>He is also a disgrace to the ham community as well. Just check the FCC
>enforcement logs.
>Someone suggested checking out his two MS and his PhD credentials but he
>will not give you his real name anyway.
>
>Before you get started poring the fuel on the flames you may want to check
>out the person you are quoting.
>
>As far a code goes, you don't have to learn code to operate above 50 MHz
>And if your hearing is sufficient to understand any language you can learn
>code at least at 5 WPM.
>The code exam is even multiple choice. Not so hard  the answers are A,B,C,
>D ........Z   0,1,....9 and . / ? , and prosigns.
>I teach code and theory to students and many who come to the class and say
>they can't learn code
>discover that they can.
>
>Building and experimenting is returning mostly in the form of QRP.

QRP=Bananas,  QRPP=Bananas with nuts.

>Hopefully the FCC will upgrade the exams to  make them more relevant as far
>an real knowledge goes.

I have run into many Extras who failed my Ohm's Law quiz.

>I am also disappointed in the exam situation. But that can be corrected.
>CB can not.
>
>73
>Bill wa4lav

cheers, Bill