[Amps] CB'ers & Amp's

Philip de Cadenet phil@transmittersrus.com
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:59:40 +0000

Rich said:

Last week, I received several e-mails and telephone calls from a CBer
who was constructing a 3cx15,000A7 AB2 g-g amp. using a 3kV anode
supply.
   He was having problems getting it to work  properly, and he had some
questions, which I answered.  In a few days, he got it to work.  My
impression was that he was interested in the science behind getting it
to amplify linearly.  Hopefully, he will someday get a license.

Reminds me of a fella I met in the Motor City a couple of years ago:

http://www.bigradios.com/shadow/longv.htm

"Bluegill" from Chicago had a pair of 4CX20K's in the mobile.

CB'er or no CB'er it takes balls as well as brains to fire those up from
a 14v rail even with eight 350A Electrodyne alternators and stock in
Peter Dahl Inc.

My ham exam tutor and mentor G3AGP did not teach me that one in 76.
--
Philip de Cadenet G4ZOW
Transmitters 'R' Us