[Amps] ICOM 756 PRO II or FT 1000 MP Field or Mk 5 ?

Robert Carroll rlcarroll@rcn.com
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:03:27 -0500

Does anyone have experience with the supposedly fabulous Ten Tec Orion?
I have seen no reviews yet.  http://www.tentec.com/TT565.htm

Bob W2WG

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-admin@contesting.com [mailto:amps-admin@contesting.com] On
Behalf Of DF3KV@aol.com
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 6:44 PM
To: oes@npartners.se; amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ICOM 756 PRO II or FT 1000 MP Field or Mk 5 ?

> Hello out there!
> Considering to exchange my IC-765 for a more modern rig.
> Four of my local friends have bought the new Yeasu FT 1000 MP Field
> and are very impressed. As an ICOM-man since years back and a no-
technical
> guy I do not know the big differences between the two stations.
> Iīm mostly interested in DX and contesting and know that both rigs
> have dual receivers.
> If you have any advice or experience from those rigs I will be
> happy to take part of it.
> Best 73 and Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year de
> Ken / SM7CQY

Hi Ken,

What rigs have your friends used before the FT1000MP Field to
become impressed?

If I were you, I would by another IC-765.
That gives you dual receive and SO2R capabilities,
alternatively I would buy a pair of 1000Dīs.

I tried both kind of 1000MPīs and was absolutely not impressed

73
Peter

multipart/alternative
  text/html