[Amps] (no subject)

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:13:57 -0600

>2 questions
> >

> >1. Am I on the right track here????
> >2. As I remember from past experiences building amps (20+yrs ago)
> >the value of the dc blocking caps did not influence the tank circuit.
>
> True.  200pF to 10,0000pF makes virtually no difference.
>
> >Read here: Can't find the same value caps so I am substituting a
> >reasonable value (according to me anyway and I am omnipotent I hope you
> >realize).

Rich's advice was very sound, as usual.
Energize your T-R switch with all other voltages killed to
the amp. Make sure you have continuity from the tank
side of the blocking cap to the RF output jack on every
band switch position. If successful, then short out the blocking
cap and check for continuity from the tube anodes to the RF
output jack on every band.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC