[AMPS] SB-220 parts needed

rich 2@mail.vcnet.com
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 03:38:34 -0800

>Hi Gang:
>I should get this thing going. But first, I need:
>
>Filament xfmr, p/n 54-238

When a tube grid/fil. shorts in a SB-220, the unfused 5v filament/relay
110v PS transformer usually melts down.  To prevent this possibility with
the new transformer, convert the cutoff bias method from voltage-cutoff
to resistor-cutoff,  [see article on my Web site]

>Multimeter,    p/n 407-146
>(I think the plate current meter, p/n 407-145, has the same specs)

They are both 200uA movements.  The same movement was also used in other
Heathkits.

good luck, Ralph

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end