[AMPS] Porcelain standoffs

Jim Bryant kc5vdj@yahoo.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 23:52:58 -0600

Cleeve wrote:

>     A possible alternative, would be to use Pyrex glass tube, I believe
> that I have mentioned this before. The Pyrex tube is available from
> laboratory supply houses, in 1 metre lengths, and in many diameters, and
> wall thickness. To make a stand off insulator, you would have to cut the
> tube to the appropriate length, insert a tapped plug of suitable
> material into each end of the cut length, and there you have it, a stand
> off insulator..... most chemistry, and biology laboratories have a glass
> technician, to make up their "glass circuitry" and perhaps some discrete
> enquiries, in the medical facilities in your area, may yield suitable
> help from a previously unknown source......good luck, sincerely, John
> Cleeve. G3JVC.

Just be prepared to have the Drug Enforcement Agency pay you a visit if you live in the USA.

Too many Methamphetamine labs using the stuff here to go unnoticed, not to mention that if some redneck goes into one of these
places asking for chemical/biological grade tubing the FBI might pay a visit too, we have had some of those problems lately.  Our
far right is pretty extreme, and are suspected for sending anthrax to Democratic leaders.

Twenty/Thirty years ago the world was a less f**ked-up place, at least everyone knew where the other guy stood.  Sorry for the
reality check folks, but someone had to point out the facts.

All such purchases should be scrutinized, with good reason.

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!