[AMPS] Metron MA1000B 10M mod HELP (+remote head)

Jim Strohm jstrohm@texas.net
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:19:11 -0600

Hi

I've never been inside a Metron, but the technology in most SS amps is
similar.  I'd look for a trap or filter on the input side -- or a
modification on the input transformer that attenuated signals above 24 MHz.

The letter of the law for type acceptance would rule out a "screwdriver"
adjustment, but the answer might be as simple as cutting out one or two
capacitors.

Or it might be more complex, requiring replacing or rewinding the input
transformer.  This is actually less work than it sounds like, and the
subject was well documented by Granberg et.al. at Motorola.  I can send you
photocopies if you can't find the articles.

Jim N6OTQ