[AMPS] SB-220

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 16:17:28 -0800

: From: Richard <2@mail.vcnet.com>
: €  If the SB-220 is powered from a stiff 240V source, it's
: hard on the contacts -- but not as hard as if a TL-922 is
: powered from a stiff source.
-
why would it be harder on the switch contacts..?
-
>I'm using a modified version of your basic design. Never
>had an amplifier "go poof" with your or my suppressors
>on board.
-
: €  I have.  Not enough L-supp will do it.  Glitch protection
: is not a bad idea.  In hard cases, an exorcism may be
: unavoidable.
-
What is an exorcism when applied to an SB-220?
-
>3.  the high speed switching mod... [snip]
-
: €  The original relay is too noisy for me.  How do
: you keep it from hot switching with a FT-1000D?
-
I remove and replace the FT-1000D with the radio I
prefer to operate. I don't have a Yaesu HF radio.
-
Radios that put out large unwanted RF pulses at
the start of each transmission should be fixed.
If the mfgr places their head in the sand, time to
go with someone else.
-
skipp

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!