[AMPS] Antenna tuner

barrie99@marsweb.com barrie99@marsweb.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 17:03:03 -0700

I'd like to thank all of those who offered suggestions regarding
"relative power idicators" for my link-coupled antenna tuner project.

Now I have another question.  The schematic I'm following for the tuner
calls for a 1700 pf capacitor, in series to ground, on the input link.

I have a 4000 ph vacuum cap that I could use.  However, it's big and
heavy.  I also have a 500 pf vacuum cap that's light and small.  I
realize I could add fixed capacitance in parallel to achieve the correct
value.

My question is:  Would "doorknob" caps be a good choice for this added
capacitance?  If so, any particular type?

TNX, Barrie, W7ALW