[Amps] Band Switch - Yaesu FL-2100Z ?

Richard 2@mail.vcnet.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:19:43 -0800

>The band switch in my Yaesu FL-2100Z has just died a rather molten death.

Yaesu said it has an intermittent VHF parasitic problem.  If the 10m
contact and 15m contacts are burned, or the 160m or 80m Tune-C fixed
padder switch contacts are burned, a parasitic is indicated.  Better
parasitic suppressors might help.

>My Fl-2100Z is the 6-band version of this amp (no WARC bands) -- I'm told by
>Yaesu it was an offshore model variation. I contacted Yaesu Parts in
>California yesterday and they have informed me the 2 part switch is now
>discontinued and they offer no alternate replacement route or parts option.
>Can someone on this list offer any suggestions?

Radio Switch is now

Multitech Industries
64 So. Main or PO Box 159
Marlboro, NJ  07746