[AMPS] Chassis for HB Amps

Steve Katz stevek@jmr.com
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:58:59 -0800

> You say --
>
> >I found a local sheet metal shop that has CNC LASER
> >metal cutting equipment.
>
> Such a deal!  Do they do mail-order work?  Maybe they should ...
	[Steve Katz]  No, I seriously doubt it.  Why would they?  If you
have CAD software (even AutoCAD, which is a very inexpensive program) and
can download the CAD files to them via the internet, this saves setup time;
however, cost for shipping 16ga CRS chassis can exceed the cost of the
chassis themselves in many cases, and complicates the review/approval
process.  However, everywhere I've lived (NJ, CA and points between, even
the Florida panhandle) has sheet metal shops listed in their Yellow Pages,
and many modern shops use 100% CNC equipment, and many of them also have at
least one CNC LASER.  The Amada LASERMAC (I think it's called) is only the
size of a turret punch, uses the same programming language, and in very
popular use in most of the shops around these parts...

	WB2WIK/6