[AMPS] YC-179 Anyone

Jim Strohm jstrohm@texas.net
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 22:21:20 -0600

n8de@thepoint.net writes

>YC-179 is better known as the 3CPX5000
>You might search for data with that 'moniker.
>Don
>N8DE
>
>> Terry Gaiser wrote:
>>
>> I just got my hands on a YC-179 ... had never heard of the tube.
>> Anybody know how it compares to a YC-156? Any specs on it please?
>> Terry W6RU

And FWIW, the Eimac part number decomposes thusly:

3      Triode (4 = tetrode, 5 = pentode, 2 = diode)
C      Ceramic envelope (no letter = glass envelope or seal)
P      Pulse rated
X      External anode, forced air cooled
       (N = conduction cooled, W = water-cooled, V = vapor-phase cooled)
5000   Anode dissipation in watts
n      Filament voltage, base, ruggedized, other (code is model-specific)
x      Gain rating

This doesn't hold true for _every_ Eimac product -- the IOT klystrodes
diverge slightly, but they're neither fish or fowl in a lot of respects,
including such stuff like combination water-cooled AND forced-air cooled.

If you have any tech info on IOT klystrodes besides what little is on the
Eimac website, can I get a copy?  I have one of these that I'd like to use
for 432 moonbounce, but not until I know where to hook up the water and
where to hook up the plate supply.

Jim N6OTQ