[AMPS] thanks: band switch location

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 17:11:46 -0800

re: band switch location.
-
Thanks for the information, I'll get on the phone in the
morning and check stock.  One comment was made
about a method to gang switches.
-
There are a few Companies which retail in small
amounts, hardware which would allow mechanical
ganging of switches.
-
The first thing that comes to mind is a simple chain
with sprockets. Similar to a bicycle style chain and
there are other types made.
-
Some of the Henry Amplifiers I've seen through the
years had some chain drive assemblies which
did work pretty well.  I've not seen an Alpha with a
drive assembly.  It would seem  a bit  hardware
intensive to have large mechanical movements in
common style Amateur Amplifiers.
-
Anyway... McMaster Carr and C&H Sales of Southern
California sell chain drive hardware. MC is a new
parts retailer, C&H is a surplus vendor.
-
Small Parts is another Company selling obviously,
small parts.  I'm sure all three should have web
sites.
-
One last comment... I've not had the problem come
in, but I'm told by some that a broken or mis adjusted
chain drive in some Henry Amplifiers is a rather
large headache.
-
cheers and thanks again for the information.
skipp
-
-
I used to have some of the:
6-POSITION CERAMIC TAP SWITCH for 100 W
BC-375 xmitter; 2.3x2.3x1.8, 1 lb.
NEW #3Z9605 $3.95 ea 10 for $32.00
 from the link below that I removed from old BC-191
/ BC-375 (tuning units, I think). Pretty nice switch,
appears very rugged. I never could
figure out a way to gang them, though.
>http://www.fairradio.com/tapswi.htm
>http://www.fairradio.com/3z9605.htm