[AMPS] Collins 30L1

skipp isaham nospam4me@juno.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:55:46 -0800

Tom,
-
I've never heard of a 30L1 with stability problems. I've
repaired a respectable number through the years and
own two of them now.  They are well done, especially
considering the era in which they were built.
-
As a side bar comment. I have a copy of the 30L1
repair video made by the Auth Collins Repair Guy, of
which his call escapes me here and now....
-
During his demo repair, he describes some of the
special items specific to that design. One might never
realize some of these items are done for specific
reasons until they are displayed and explained.
-
Buss wire and resistor sizes in certain places are
an example.  Anyway, stability has not been a short
coming in any mention of the 30L1 that I've ever
heard or experienced first hand.
-
skipp
-
: From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@akorn.net>
: Even the Collins 811 amps with four 811's are not
: totally stable because they lack neutralization.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.