[AMPS] BWO Tube Helix Voltages...

Jim Bryant kc5vdj@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 14:10:48 -0600

I'm having a hard time coming up with a variable P/S circuit in the 0-2500V range, also I have a few questions.

The way I understand BWO tubes, the Helix voltage is like a bias voltage, and not expected to draw any current.  Am I correct in
this assumption?  I cannot find any literature that says one way or the other, granted my supply of information on TWT/BWO tubes is
rather limited.

The idea I think will be to FM modulate this thing, and am really trying to find some way of adjusting the helix voltage at the
modulation frequency.  Would using a voltage amplifier into the helix work for this?

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!