[AMPS] Shunt regulated high voltage psu

Michael Watts wy6k@yahoo.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:37:23 -0800 (PST)

Some guy (or guys) keep complaining about replys on the reflector that include the text of the
prior message - ostensibly because it costs more to download.

I want to disagree with this and encourage posters to include most - or even all - of the text to
which they are responding.  This makes it easy to make sense out of the reply without having to
dig thru past messages, which I probably didn't save anyway. If everyone includes all the prior
text it is actually very handy because, at the end of the thread, it is only necessary to save the
last message and in order to save the whole conversation.

There will always be laggards who are behind because they have slow connections or whatever.  But
I would like to see the list put to its highest and best use.  I would also like to see it take
some advantage of recent technology.  I know that not everyone has a 1.5 mb connection so we can't
use the list as though everyone had that speed.  However, a significant number of us DO have high
speed connections and don't want to see the list downgraded on the assumption that it must be
geared to the lowest common denominator of internet service.

I spend a bit more to get better service so that the details of the way in which people use the
list is not a problem for me.  And I'd rather not hear a lot bellyaching from those who don't want
to spend a little more to get a better level of service.  I would like to see people free to use
the list as they see fit without hearing from skinflints and techno-laggards.

So, you guys with your big old posts - just keep 'em comin' please!

Michael
WY6K