[Amps] Re: KW Linear for FT-817

Hisami DEJIMA dejima@attglobal.net
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 00:48:11 +0900

Hi Mike and Friends

Here is the model reply of this thread.

http://www.bear-el.com/817amp/index.html

He is famous as an independent amplifier builder in JA,
 and having a wonderful homepage.
However, it is in Japanese.

This text is a machine translation from Japanese.
Please compensate an insufficient place with creation.
do not ask me and do not ask to him. :-)
---------------------------------
The made of KW Amp for Yaesu FT-817 7MHz of Mono
Band Kw Amps was made to the FT-817 portable machine,
as my hobby this time.
When this machine was put on the market,
it becomes glad and purchased immediately.
It can QRV to HF-430MHz by what and the dry cell.
It was not for not buying dream like transceiver.
It is used and RX is also a conviction thing enough.

Amp is connected now with a contest etc. and it also
applies from fixation. It is fresh in a littel meaning.
Although it has not participated in a contest in several
years, it is due to participate in this whole-city
all county contest (10/6-10/7).
Natural National championship is aimed at.
you a participation section is [ you ] F7H -- give call
The performance of FT-817 is proved and shown.
Since it did not use in several years now, although tower winch.
ANT is out of order, it unites [ with a contest / in between ] and needs.

It tries hard. It is Input 5W and the manufacture design
of Amp is an Out1.5kW target.
although without special parts, it was close to JUNK and being made
-- a profit -- quantity it is -- a stable operation --
importance -- operation -- very -- being easy --
Power adjustment -- it can do It does not omit in On delay .
Fan Off delay etc.
It designed for the purpose of finishing so that a basic thing.

Amp right FT-817 completed -- it is small -- -
It is parts on with a 300x550 wood-base with caster.
Final Box aluminum panel bend made Under input adjustment --
Inside SG breeder of BOX 1.5K ohm Input Zp 350ohm it attached
to the stand -- natural -- copper plate brighten
All parts were attached.
Under adjustment 1.5kW o'clock HV2.600V Sg260mA Ip0.8A 1.6kW
is displayed although
it is hard to be visible.
In 5W In SWR real omission
VC group of TL-922 appropriation parts
Control board On.off-delay etc.
Back part Complete view at the time of adjustment
Since it is dangerous with this,
it is the schedule of a shield.
Tank circuit closing Up Since the aluminum board became hot,
the hole was attached later.
There is no AFA-40 capacity
not used in several years.
The repair important point around which a winch does not turn
The motor is rotten.

>From a maker to a word Wholly,
Do you who manufactured with the parts of a stock also have this?
Since it is Input 5W, Zp is designed by 350 ohms.
It is ordinary pi type input alignment in circuit.
For SG, breeder resistance is 1.5Kohm because of stability of operation.

230mA is passed at the time of TX.
Although the deflection of meter is 260mA,
it is 30mA in practice. For a profit, since no less than 25dB
is a certain Amp,
It  is. It is required.
Consideration which hid since an important ground line
runs over a copper plate and became this potential to
PLATE and LOAD VC is carried out.
More than half of the instability of Amp of operation
This point is called and it is not an overstatement.

Power adjustment is troublesome by FT-817 main part.
It was dissatisfied at the change of 0.5/1/2.5/5.
ALC voltage was taken out from Amp input circuit,
and it was made variable from zero to 300w Max.
It can carry out continuation variable from the front panel.
If Plate efficiency is Mono Band on this frequency
that can be taken 70% or more by 0.8A by 2600V,
is it common?

 Contest participation was carried out by Rig of the above.
--
73'
Hisami 7L4IOU