[Amps] The Great Equalizer

alex alex@mail.sandlabs.com
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:45:45 -0400

My transmitter has a total output of -30dBm. My receiver has a maximum
sensitivity of -42dBm. My antenna is a 3 meter wire. Yesterday I got
contacts with two JA1, one F3, one HK6, three RU1, two YO, one ZL and many
more. In 10 minutes I had all Continents 90% of country worked. All with
5/9+20 :)

Impossibly, you say :) Well no! I simply used a computer and a modem. I have
seen the Future of Hamming at it is called Internet (well, it is actually
ECHOLINK)  :) The great Equalizer. The true democratic communication medium.
No Morse Code, No tests, no restrictions. Just DO IT! To much cangreen of
some old timers that cling to a Neanderthals way of living :) Halllloooo
ARRL... do you read this ?

Adios Boat Anchor/Winter Heater/Coffee Boiler Amplifiers :) from now on you
have the world at your command from your 5mW Palm Top :)

This is until we shoot ourselves in the foot ( as usually happens) and start
to regulate Hamming on Internet :)

Alex, A Happy Internetist!