[Amps] Wanted

Alek Petkovic vk6apk@eon.net.au
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:58:39 +0800

G'day All,

I'm looking for at least 1 or maybe 2, if the price is dirt cheap, of 6GE5
tube/s. It is for an old Heathkit HW12A which was recently sent to me.

Due to the gorillas who so carefully handle fragile packages in their care,
it suffered one broken 6GE5 final during it's travel between Virginia and
Western Australia. Those guys have got it down to a fine art you know. They
can literally render the contents useless and still leave the outside of
the box looking as though it had been riding on a bed of feathers. Also the
fact that they have absolutely no respect for other people's property is
something for which they must spend years in training.

Thank you USPS and Australia Post and anybody else who lovingly helped make
this request for help possible.

If you have 1 or more of these tubes, please give me a yell. I'm not going
to pay big money as the radio in question is only good for 3.8 - 4 MHz.
That's outside our band allocation here downunder.  I would like to build
up a power supply and actually get the thing going all the same.

Thanks and 73 from sunny Perth,
Alek. VK6APK