[Amps] SB 200 input network rework?

Dave, AA6YQ dhb@attbi.com
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 16:50:59 -0400

Correction -- the 3-500Z amp project is described on page 13.29 of the 1996
ARRL Handbook.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

-----Original Message-----
From: amps-admin@contesting.com [mailto:amps-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of Dave, AA6YQ
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 16:03 PM
To: paule@sfu.ca; amps@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [Amps] SB 200 input network rework?

I have an SB221 that was missing a 10m input network; I also wanted 12m and
17m input networks to better match a solid-state driver on those bands. To
get the extra bandswitch positions, I replaced the existing swtich with one
from Surplus Sales of Nebraska. I used the input network design from the
3-500Z amplifier project on page 12.29 of the 1996 ARRL Handbook. This
network uses T-50 toroids, and was easy to adjust for a good match on each
band.

This amp is now at another QTH, and the construction details are a bit hazy.
As I recall, I built the network right behind the front panel to the left of
the meters. If you do this, use a nonmetallic tool and be extraordinarily
careful when adjusting the trimmers, as the HV is nearby.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ