[Amps] HB AMP QUESTION

NI4L ni4l@charter.net
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 12:21:39 -0400

Hi
I am wanting to start a new project and the GU-78 looked like a good tube
to use.
Anyone built one useing this? Looking for some input. I know Emtron amp uses this tube.
Could use some advice on parts.....i'd like to find one of those military encased
3000kv 220 primary 1 amp plate transformer, A case of some sorts maybe a rack mount
2 or 3' high or maybe a desk top with seperate ps. would like for it to be pretty heavy duty.
Its still in the planning stages sort of looking for some idea of just what parts i'd need to have to
build something like this.
I have built several 572b, a 6 tube 813 for 75 meters and some sweep tube stuff . But have not attemped a ceramic before.
Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
 thanks Chris NI4L

--
NI4L CUSTOM RESONANT DIPOLE
LEGAL LIMIT ++ CUSTOM MADE CENTER FED DIPOLE