[Amps] relative value of a Henry 4K

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:13:44 -0500

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what the relative value of a Henry 4K
> with a bad power supply would be worth.

A very clean 4-K will bring c. $3000. Call Henry and deduct
the price of the parts for the P.S. from the above, if you
consider the overall amp to be a nice one. I have refurbished
several 4-K's that came from U.S. Embasys and they all  required
a "bare-chassis" rebuild due to the years of crud build-up. This
is very labor intensive. Deduct what you feel your labor is worth
if the amp is not clean.

> Also, what's the expected output from a 4K with 90
> watts drive?

Most 4-K's I have tested still had the original tube,
and all did c. 2400 watts out from 3-30 mhz. Drive
requirement is c. 65 watts.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC