[Amps] HF Amp Loading Problem

Richard 2@mail.vcnet.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 06:51:35 -0700

>Dentron 10-160L Amp
>
>I have replaced the parasitic choke resistors in the amp as the resistors
>were toasted.  Same value no mods to unit.  Repaired hv supply again no
>mods.  Unit now works with reasonable output.
>Problem follows:   I have to advance the loading control to max
>capacitance to get near the full output on any band.  It runs out of

I would have a look at the bandswitch contacts.  Also, the output & input
bandswitch wafers on some models were adjacent to each other on the same
shaft, sans-shield.  IMO, this is not good engineering practice - unless
one is trying to build a vhf oscillator.

cheers, Sam

www.vcnet.com/measures.
end